'If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.' Mark Twain
Have you ever lied at work? Do you tell half-truths to get the sale or job? Do you keep your promises?
What does this quiz say about you?
Answer yes or no.
1. I’ve lied on my resume or fudged reports.
2. I call in sick when I’m not.
3. I use the Internet on company time.
4. I fail to disclose pertinent information.
'I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.' Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela was a nonviolence anti-apartheid activist, politician and philanthropist who became South Africa’s first black president from 1994 to 1999. Becoming actively involved in the anti-apartheid movement in his 20s, Mandela joined the Af...
The New Year is here and many of us are planning to make the most of 2018! Here are some tips for moving forward!
- Think positively. Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve. But you must be persistent, optimistic and patient. Also, restructure negative thoughts by restating them positively.
- State realistic goals in concrete terms. Ensure your goal is consistent with your purpose. Intend to achi...
* 3 tips for making most of holiday season
- Know yourself and job target.
- Prepare an elevator speech.
- Build your online professional profile on social media channels, and network at holiday events.
* 3 tips for achieving
- Measure success by your standards.
- Enjoy the process mastery.
- Set attainable goals.
* 3 tips for growing in current job
- Identify needs, skills and other personal qualities you want...
Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something, according to Wikipedia. We all have to handle negative feedback at times. Some of it may be constructive feedback, and some may be cruel!
Criticism at work can affect every part of your life, adding stress during work hours and invading your thoughts outside the office. If you don't handle it well, negative feedback from your superiors and colleagu...
The term “ambush interview” refers to an unscheduled interview that occurs because someone has forced or tricked another into on-the-spot participation. Although the press typically uses the term to describe a journalism interview tactic, it can also refer to a tactic used by some employers and job seekers. An ambush interview can have a negative or positive result depending on the ambusher.
Are you prepared for...
Tina's lay off from her retail position provided the impetus to follow her passion -- art therapy. Bruce aced his interview for a cyber security position. They both attained their desired goals. So can you!
Positive thinking is powerful. Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, and your heart desires, you can achieve. But you must have persistence and patience. The following strategies will help you achieve your go...
Questers, who are redefining how we look at career and work, look forward to the New Year with optimism! Questers are described in the award winning, Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life.
Positive psychology has demonstrated a clear relationship among, optimistic thinking, job satisfaction and health. Optimism can be developed.
Tips for Becoming Optimistic
- Believe in yourself. William James, the father of A...
The Holiday Season can be a good time to find a new job! Professional get-togethers, office parties, and year-end meetings abound during the Holiday Season.
As companies complete their financial planning for 2018, they're under pressure to fill certain openings or risk losing budgets. Hiring managers with new goals are eager to find productive workers.
Several organizations interview in December for positions starti...
Are you always worried that no matter how hard you try it’s never good enough? Do you feel you must give 100 percent on everything or be considered a failure? Do you delay completing projects because you can’t get them right? Avoid giving opinions because they may sound stupid?
If so, you may be a perfectionist. Perfectionism refers to self-defeating thoughts and behaviors which cause people to set unrealistic g...