Sales Operations Data Analytics - Internship
Location: Cupertino, CA Corporate HQs
Areas of Interest: Data Analytics, Information Science
The Seagate Sales Operations Team is seeking a highly motivated, resourceful and data-driven summer intern to play key roles in Business Operations Analytics activities. We are looking for organized and detail-oriented interns with a passion for analytics. The assignments will include, but not be limited to:
Performing data validation to ensure integrity, accuracy and consistency, identifying the root cause of data inconsistencies and process defects, and implementing timely corrective actions.
Designing, developing, and documenting of reports and analysis to support Sales Operations & Planning (S&OP) processes. Multiple and often complex data sources will require a high degree of skill to recognize and understand relationships, organize data and deliver insightful analysis.
Regular communication with global team members to understand requirements, recommend and make improvements, informal cross-functional leadership of team participants.
Troubleshoot potential issues with new and existing team data sources.
This position will provide a highly motivated, engaged professional the opportunity to gain experience in developing analytical tools. The ideal candidate is someone who is a fast learner, innovative, wants a challenge, and is eager to make an impact. The selected candidate will learn to apply analytical and problem solving skills in a business setting. Excellent analytical skills, teamwork, a desire to learn, and determination are the foundations of this role.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
* Pursuing Bachelor's degree or higher in an Information Science discipline or related field.
* Must be enrolled in school fall of 2018.
* Proven proficiency with business intelligence and/or analysis tools like Tableau, SQL, R or related analytics programs.
* Experience gathering data from large scale data warehouses/data marts.
* Proven proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Excel Add-Ins.
* Genuine interest in learning and willingness to learn from all people, the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
* Adapt to change gracefully and learn new technologies quickly.
* Project management experience.
* Possess keen attention to detail and strong analytical thinking abilities.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Possess the ability to handle multiple projects in parallel and deliver them on time.
* Strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail.
* Understanding of relational database structure and concepts.
* Knowledge of supply chain processes in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Job Family: Support
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin