Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
- The FOX Sports Ohio/SportsTime Ohio Production department handles day-to-day production of our live event coverage and studio production. Production department is also responsible for editing and assembling elements for those shows as well as preparing, producing, editing and delivery of non-live programming and elements for the digital department.
- The FOX Sports Ohio / SportsTime Ohio Operations department is responsible for facilities and crews used in our live, studio and non-live productions. Operations department also handles transmission, acquisition and distribution of programming feeds.
Activities / Projects
- The production intern will spend time learning from and working with various members of the production staff which may include (but not be limited to):
- Show Producers
- Show Directors
- Graphics Operators
- Audio Operators
- Camera Operators
- Media Managers
- Assist in the production of live event and studio shows as needed including:
- Cavs Live
- Cavs Game Broadcasts
- Indians Live
- Indians Game Broadcasts
- Drennan Live
- Assist in pre-production and post-production of non-live programming
- Assist in daily duties of the operations department including:
- Media Management
- Studio Preparation & Maintenance
- Participate in department planning and production meetings
- Proficient with the Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Basic knowledge of Avid Media Composer or similar video editing program
- Attending an accredited college or university with a broadcasting, production or communications-themed line of study
- Strong news judgment and experience in an editorial setting
- Understanding of (or willingness to learn more about) production equipment and techniques
- Interest and some background knowledge on Ohio sports teams including the Blue Jackets, Cavaliers, Indians, Reds and Browns
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be willing to work live events both outside and inside during the summer months
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
- Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.